Demo Installation Guide
Installation in Windows
If you are using Windows 7, 8 or 10 download and unzip the file.
2. Check Firewall configuration
- You need to be connected to the Internet.
- Our license server uses alternative port for HTTP Server. If you are behind the firewall make sure your outgoing port 8080 is open for the POS.
- In case you are unable to connect to the internet or have firewall issue you can contact OROCUBE and receive demo license over email.
3. Click on the Request demo button email
4. Enter PIN
- Enter your Email and PIN.
- If you have Plugins it will ask for email and PIN several times.
If you are running your POS in the Linux/Unix environment, PIN-based system may not work. You can contact OROCUBE to receive demo licenses over email.
5. Back office configuration
6. Log in to back-office use default password “1111” and
- Configure store and terminals in Admin menu.
- Setup Printers in Terminal setting.
- If you do not have any printer you can use a PDF printer for testing.
- If you need to receive payment, Check this terminal has a cash drawer in the peripheral tab.
7. Start Store
- From Login screen Clock in.
- Start Store session.
8. Assign Cash Drawer.
9. Congratulation. You are ready.
10. Take some Test Orders and receive payments.
- Tap on the Take out button and take a new order.
- Send item to the kitchen.
- Settle the order.
Installation in Linux or Mac
In Linux or Mac
- Install Oracle JDK 8. Please note ORO POS may not run properly on OpenJDK and other version of Java.
- Unzip the installation zip file into a folder and make sure folders have read-write permission.
- Open a terminal and start ORO POS with the following command
java -jar oropos.jar
- You can also run oropos.sh . You need to give it execution permission.
- When ORO POS will start it will ask for the terminal key.
- Download lic files you have received from firstname.lastname@example.org with your terminal key.
- Select license and import it into the pos.
- Restart and follow step 5.